Roku streaming experience can be enhanced by connecting it to the Belkin router that offers increased network speed with no buffering problem. If you want to connect the Roku player to the Belkin, then let’s have a look at the steps mentioned below.
There are two methods for connecting the Roku to the Belkin router. One is wired and another one is wireless. In wireless setup, you need a User ID and password and in wired, you need an Ethernet cable with the USB port on both the devices.
Before starting with the process, check the internet connection. It should work properly on the mobile device and on computer. If there is some issue with the internet, then get it solved by contact internet service provider first then move on to next setup steps. Other than this, the DHCP configurations must be enabled. You can now proceed to the steps.
Steps for configuring Roku media player on Belkin router through wired connections:
- Take out Ethernet cable from the Belkin router packing.
- Connect one end of the cable to the Roku media player.
- Plug another end of the cable to the Ethernet port of Belkin router.
- Connect the Roku media player to the power supply and turn it on.
- With the help of Roku remote, select ‘Wired’ connection from the ‘Connection type’ menu. This option is given under the ‘Network’ tab. Follow on-screen instructions given onthe Roku media player page.
This is how you can connect the Roku to the Belkin router using a wired medium.
Steps for connecting the Roku to the Belkin router wirelessly:
To start with the process of setup, you must know the SSID of network and the broadcast should be turned on for the Wi-Fi network. Apart from this, you ought to know the username and password of your network ID.
- Connect Roku media player to the power outlet and turn on the power button. After connecting it to the power supply, you will notice the home screen of Roku player on the LED TV.
- If you find any prompt message on screen, press ‘Ok’ button from Roku remote and move to the next step.
- Now, you are required to select the connection type. Select ‘Wireless’ option from the list. After selecting this network type, your Roku will start scanning for the available network. In order to detect the router quickly, the distance between the router and the Roku player should be minimum so that it can easily fetch within the range.
- Once the connection gets identified on the Roku player, click on ‘Belkin SSID’.
- Enter the password in the box to connect to the wireless network. When you enter the password, make sure that you have entered the right phrase or input as the password is generally case-sensitive. We offer support for Belkin Range Extender. If you are using this Wi-Fi range extender and want to know how to Belkin Wifi Extender Setup, then you should get in touch with our experts. The best steps for Belkin Range Extender setup can be found at the Belkin’s support official website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/