Are you looking for steps to turn on and off the Universal plug and play feature of Belkin wireless router? If yes, then your search is over now. You have landed on the right page where you will find the steps to select and enable this feature. There are two ways to turn on and off the Belkin UPnP feature.
- Open a web browser like internet explorer or any other installed on the computer.
- Enter 192.168.2.1 as a router’s IP address in the Address bar and press ‘Enter’ from the keyboard.
- In case, the above-mentioned IP address doesn’t work for you, you can check it online from the guided manual available on Belkin page. Just enter the model number of your Belkin router and get details of it.
- You can use routerlogin.com as well to log in to the Belkin dashboard.
- From ‘Advanced settings’ found under the main menu, go to ‘System settings’.
- Scroll down to enable UPnP from the given section. If it is off, then toggle the radio button to turn it on. If it is already enabled, then disable by toggling to off position.
- Tap ‘Save’.
Classic web-based setup page
- Open a web browser by clicking on the shortcut given on the home screen of your computer.
- Enter the IP address as mentioned in the previous method to login to the Router’s window. The given IP address will work normally for most of the times. In case, it doesn’t work, you can either contact Belkin experts or get it from Belkin router setup link.
- Tap ‘ Log in’ from the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the router’s password in the relative field and leave the username field as it is. Click ‘Submit’.
Note: If you haven’t set the password for your router yet, then no need to enter anything in this field. Click ‘Submit’.
- Tap ‘System settings’.
- From the UPnP section, enable the radio button to switch it on and disable by turning the radio button again. This is quite a simple process to accomplish.
- Click to save and apply changes.
This is how you can turn on and off the universal plug and play feature of the Belkin router. The main benefit of UPnP is that you don’t need to forward the port to the router manually. This feature will do on its own. According to some experts, it has been found out that enabling UPnP for a longer period may give rise to open attacks and vulnerabilities available on the internet which may affect the router and the connected devices.
We offer support for Belkin router, so if you want to perform Belkin router setup, then you should make sure that all the connections have been properly done. If you come across any issue while setting up Belkin router, then you should consult experts or yuo can visit the Belkin’s official website: https://www.belkin.com