The Xbox 360 gaming console is one of the most popular gadgets among the children these days. It can be easily used after connecting to the router wired or wirelessly. We will now discuss how to setup Static IP address on this amazing gaming console.
- From the home screen of gaming console, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘System’.
- Go to ‘Network’ settings.
- Click ‘Wi-Fi name’.
- Tap to configure the Belkin network.
- From the basic settings, go to second section i: e, IP settings.
- Select ‘Manual’ to edit the IP settings.
- Tap ‘IP address’.
- Enter the static IP address of the network and click ‘Done’.
Note: Check that the IP address assigned by you must match the same network and should be within the range of your Belkin router. The router’s address and static IP address defined by you will almost the same with a difference in the last digit. You can enter any value ranging from 2 to 264 which is unused by another device. You will be taken to the previous screen to display the current IP address of your device.
- Click on ‘Subnet mask’.
- Enter the subnet mask ID and go to the next step.
- You will be again taken to the previous screen to display the current subnet mask you have assigned on the section.
- Select Gateway.
- Enter the Gateway address in the next field and press ‘Done’.
- You are again prompted to go to the back screen and check the current gateway address you have configured on the section.
- Tap ‘Done’ from the bottom right to save all the changes.
Note: You will find the ‘Configure network’ option appeared on the screen. Click to check the IP settings which are recently assigned to the Xbox 360 gaming console.
- Press the button from the controller and go back to the ‘Network settings’ screen. Tap ‘Test Xbox Live connection’ to check the current status of your network.
Wait for few minutes till the test gets finished. You will have to check the ‘Internet, network and Xbox live connection’ status from the home page.
All the results will be displayed on the right side of the screen. You can check the ‘Xbox live connection’ status mainly from the right end of the screen.
The static IP is now successfully configured on the Xbox 360 console. You can start enjoying gaming online. If you find any problem, get in touch with the internet service provider.
We have the best support facility where we resolve all issues related to Belkin routers and extenders. If you are using Belkin extender N300, and want to know how to perform Belkin Setup N300 and Belkin Extender Setup so as to access the internet in areas where internet was not available before, then you can visit the Belkin’s official website: https://www.belkin.com