Belkin N300 model is one of the popular models of Belkin routers. You can set up this router quite easily with the help of guided manual available along with the device. You don’t need any CD for installation. To start with the procedure, restart your modem and router first.
The process of restarting the modem and router is as simple as it sounds. Just disconnect the power supply from both the devices and wait for 10 seconds. Connect the device again to the power supply provided the modem must be turned on first. Connect Belkin router to the modem through Ethernet cable provided in the box.
If in case the modem is not turning on, check whether you have powered on from the power button or not.
Now, we are going to shed light on the steps to setup the Belkin N300 router quickly on the network. You must read the steps carefully and slowly.
- Connect the router to the PC with the help of a wire. Connect the cable to the port given behind computer.
- Launch the browser and enter the IP address of the Belkin router. The IP address can be copied from the guided manual available in the box.
- Hit ‘Enter’.
- If you are not directed to the router login page, then it means the default address is not working, you have to contact your router manufacturer or visit the website.
- After successfully landing on the page, open your login account by entering the required credentials.
- Don’t enter anything in the password box.
- You must select a security type for router login. The available security type is SSL or password.
- Now coming to the connection types, select anyone from ‘PPPoE, PPTP or static’. If no such names are available, go to ‘WAN’ settings.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Enter details in the next box and keep on pressing ‘Next’.
- In the last window, you will find ‘Apply changes’ option. Click to save the data or settings you have entered previously.
Try browsing the internet from the device by opening any website of your preference. If you are opening the page from a smartphone, then you will find the ‘Network status’ indicator on the top of the screen as well.
To do any changes, later on, open ‘Belkin N300’ settings page from the login menu. The following sections will be displayed on the screen:
- Configure wireless security on the router.
- Install Mac Address.
- Enable Port forwarding.
- Enter the time and date of recent changes.
- Don’t forget to update the password after a certain period of time.
This is how you can install N300 Belkin router on your network. We hope these steps will surely bring about.
We provide support for all models of Belkin routers. If you are using Belkin N300 and want to know how to Belkin n300 Setup, then you can get in touch with our experts. The process of Belkin Router Setup is pretty simple, but in case, you are not able to setup the device, then you should visit the Belkin’s Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/