Belkin Router has always lived up to its standards with its amazing range of products like Belkin N300 and N600 Routers. Recently, Belkin launched an N150 router, which has been equipped with the latest technology and is receiving excellent reviews. If you are thinking of purchasing a new router, N150 is where your search should end.
Well, if you have purchased this technically advanced device, then learn how to set up in your residential or commercial space.
Before, you begin with the procedure, read the manual guide carefully and connect the wires as prescribed. If, you don’t find the manual, then go through the steps here below:
How to connect the router and the modem?
- Start by rebooting your Cable Modem. This will take around 20 seconds.
- Place your Router near a switchboard. Plugin the Belkin Router and turn-on the power supply.
- Now, with the help of an Ethernet Cable, connect the Belkin Router with the Modem.
- Make sure that the WAN port of the modem is connected to the yellow-colored port of the router using the Ethernet cable.
Since the wire connection is done, you should make yourself aware of the type of Internet you are using, is it dynamic or PPPoE?
What is the difference between the two types?
Your Internet service provider (IPS) provides two sets of internet service, first, the IP, which doesn’t require any password as it is Dynamic. The second one, PPPoE, which needs a username and a password to function.
How to work on with Dynamic Connection?
Connect your Belkin Router with the modem and also with a power source. Now, plug in your ISP ADSL cable in the ADSL line. After this, to connect your device with the Internet, you will need a Wi-Fi or LAN cable. If you use a LAN cable your system will pick IP by default from DHCP.
How to work on a PPPoE connection?
The process involved is a little tricky but if you follow the below-mentioned steps carefully, then you will get through it successfully.
- Launch a web browser and enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar. You will have to enter a username and password, and click ‘Next’.
- In the following field, you will be asked to enter a connection type, select ‘PPPoE’ and, then click ‘Next’.
- After this, you have to enter your IPS internet credentials (192.168.2.1). Click ‘Next’ followed by ‘Save’.
Now, your router will restart. This process will take a while, so wait until the router is restarted. Upon the completion of the process, your router will show green light on the LED panel, which means that you are connected to the internet.
Note: When you enter the default password, the prompt that opens can also be used to set up a new password and a new username. For this, you need to go to Wireless setting and select the option of SSID to change the network name and in the field password, you can enter the password of your preference. Don’t forget to reboot to save the changes.