To take the benefits of Belkin Router, you will have to make sure that the setup and configuration process of the router is properly done. If you have bought a Belkin router and looking to set it up, then here is what you are going to do.
Before setting up the router, make sure to have a properly working internet connection, an Ethernet cable (RJ45) and of course a computer. Belkin Router can be set up from your computer, smartphone or tablet and using any web browser.
How to install a Belkin Router?
- Connect the router to a power outlet to turn it on.
- Connect the modem to router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the computer to the router using another Ethernet cable.
- In case, you don’t have two Ethernet cable, then reset the router and click ‘Wireless Icon’ on your computer.
- Connect with an unsecured router and then, open the browser on your computer.
- Once the computer connects to the router, open the web browser followed by entering ‘192.168.2.1’ and hitting ‘Enter’.
Belkin Setup Page or Dashboard will appear:
Once the modem detects Belkin Router, it’s time to configure settings in your router such as SSID (network name) and password.
- To create a new password or change an existing password, go to ‘wireless settings’ and apply the changes.
- Once you set up the router, restart the router as well as the computer.
- Your router is now configured and it’s time to access the internet wirelessly.
In case, the Belkin router isn’t detecting the modem, then you will have to restart the modem and router. Upon restart, set up the router by following aforementioned steps.
Other ways of setting up the Belkin Router:
To set up the Belkin router using one Ethernet cable, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your modem with the router using Ethernet cable followed by turning on the modem and router.
- Check on your computer if the name of the new Belkin network is visible or not.
- If it is visible, then click it and then, connect with Belkin Router web interface using that network.
- If prompted for a password, then check the router box as you’ll see a card inside the box in which password is given. Alternatively, use the default password that you can find at the back of the router.
If you are unable to find the password, then you will have to reset the router by inserting a paperclip in the reset hole for a few seconds.
- Once you’ve reset the router, click ‘connect’. If you have found and entered the password, then you will be taken to Belkin Router setup page where it will be possible for you to set up a Belkin wireless router by going through on-screen instructions.
- You can also customize the router and control certain settings such as parental controls, password, channel, and access to certain websites.
Tips: If the steps are not working, then take help of Belkin Router Setup and Support rather than resetting the router 3.5 times, which could result in hardware problems in the Belkin Router.
- Update the firmware of your Belkin Router.
- Check the connection type for Belkin router, which are Dynamic IP connection, PPPoE and Static IP address.
That sums up the Belkin Router setup process, and now, your router should work fine and you’ll be able to enjoy an uninterrupted internet. Moreover, We know the best way of doing Belkin Setup N600, so if you have been trying to set up this particular model, but haven’t been able to do it properly, then you should perhaps get in touch with experts.