Wemo product is the development of Belkin Company. The purpose of this device is to control all the home appliances remotely. This product is specifically designed for switches, light switches, mobile app and electric bulbs.
Sometimes, the Belkin device may start responding sluggishly and the remote devices may not be controlled through the app. If you come across the same issue, then we are going to discuss the steps to resolve the ‘Belkin Wemo remote access not working’ problem.
- Multiple Wireless APs: If there is more than one network access device available at home like network router, TV, cordless phone and streaming device, then there are high chances of interference from these devices. Ensure that all the devices are on the same Wi-Fi.
- Deviating Wi-Fi connection: The irregular network connection may cause the Belkin Wemo not working remotely. The wi-fi connection strength and performance depends on:
- Distance: The router and the Wemo device must be placed in the same room.
- Hindrance: Check if there is any physical obstruction like wall, furniture or Almira lie between the Wemo and router.
- Network traffic: The number of devices connected at a time must be limited.
- Remote access failure: If you are facing a problem with the remote connectivity, then check the remote settings while you are within the range of Wi-Fi. If the Wemo device is still not working properly, then the factory reset the device. Check the wemo on the cloud if it is connected to the same router or not. Sometimes, there is a port forwarding feature enabled on the router so, you need to configure the device accordingly.
- Wemo device turning on itself: If the Wemo device starts out of ruleset, then there are chances that the ruleset is not stored in the Wemo and this is why the same is not shown in the app. Under such circumstances, you need to perform the factory reset.
- Wemo device doesn’t have saved schedule rule: In schedule rule, there is a set of instructions that allows the Wemo device to automatically start controlling the devices without any intervention from the user. The schedule rule can be set manually which will ease you to automatically turn off the devices at the scheduled time. You can turn on/off the device anytime.
- Same devices are showing: If duplicate devices are shown up under the device list, then disable them first and enable again through the following steps:
- Go to the ‘Wemo’ app from the android or iOS device.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Click on ‘Remote access’.
- Tap ‘Forget and disable’.
- Click on ‘Enable remote access’ to enable the device again.
Apart from the above-mentioned problems and solutions, if you come across any other issues like Wemo device not detecting, Rules not schedules or Wemo detecting the devices slowly, then you can contact the Belkin experts.