Perhaps the most common issue that most people face in their day-to-day lives, the problem of not being able to access the internet despite having all the right connections and settings is annoying as well. If you want to fix the issue, then make sure to perform the following basic steps:
- You need to restart your modem for 20 seconds and then, restart the Belkin router’. You can do that by pressing the power button, which is given at the back of the router.
- At times, the firewall interferes with the internet connection. You need to check and update your antivirus program.
- Check the date and time on your computer, as they should be correct.
- Now, go to ‘Device Manager’ in order to update your LAN and wireless adapter.
If these steps don’t fix the problem, then try a different set of steps, which are as follows:
Restart your devices
- Take out the power cable from your modem as well as the router.
- Wait for half a minute.
- Now, plug the power cable back to the modem and then, router.
- Wait until all the lights on modem and router are on, and once they are, try to connect to the internet. Finally, restart your computer.
Try to update your wireless driver
- Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and click on ‘Properties’.
- Now, click on ‘Device Manager’ followed by right-clicking and updating your network/Wi-Fi driver.
- If the update doesn’t work, then uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
- If you have installed software like ‘CCleaner’, then run it to delete all the files and folders related to the driver.
- Try to update your router firmware.
- Run a full scan of your PC.
Set DNS Server Address
- Click the ‘Windows’ button at the bottom left of the screen and then, click ‘Control Panel’.
- Click ‘Network and the internet’.
- Now, you will have to click the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Click the connection name that you would like to edit, to the right of connections.
- Now, click ‘Properties’ followed by selecting ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 ‘TCP/IPv4). Then, click ‘Properties’.
- Corresponding to ‘Use the following DNS Server Addresses’, there will be a radio button. Click that radio button in order to add values in DNS server addresses.
- Enter ‘22.214.171.124’ in ‘Preferred DNS Server’ and ‘126.96.36.199.’ in ‘Alternate DNS server’.
- Click ‘OK’ and close the control panel.
- Reset ‘TCP/IP’ stack in Windows.
Now, press ‘Ctrl + R’ to open ‘Run’ command box, and enter ‘CMD’. Enter the following commands there:
- netsh int ip reset reset
- net winsock reset
Reboot your PC now.
Reset your Belkin Router
You will have to take help of a pointed object in order to reset the router, which could be a pin, pen or a paper clip. Press and hold the ‘Reset’ button for 30-45 seconds to reset the device. Now, you should reconfigure your router and Wi-Fi setting.
With that, your Belkin Router will work properly and you will be able to access the internet like old ways.
Moreover, if you want to perform Belkin router setup then you can call us at our toll-free number. We can also assist for Belkin WiFi Extender Setup. If you have further concern then you can contact us.