From last few days, some Belkin router users find it difficult to access their favorite website because they are getting an error message on the screen displaying ‘DNS server not found’. They don’t know as to why they are getting this message on the screen, although they have checked the status of internet working fine on Google.
Let’s discuss reasons for getting ‘DNS not responding’ error on the browser screen.
- The website which you are going to open on a browser might be running down due to maintenance at the server level.
- DNS data might be corrupted or no longer available on the computer.
- The security firewall or antivirus programs installed in the computer are not allowing the website to be opened on screen due to security measure.
Now, coming to the steps to fix this problem. Read all the steps carefully and apply them on your device.
- Reset IP and Winstock: If the files related to the IP address are corrupted, then follow the below-mentioned tricks to solve the problem:
- Open ‘Command prompt’ from the start button of windows 10 based OS.
- Click to enter ‘Cmd’. Run the program as an administrator for the DNS server settings.
- Enter ipconfig/flashdns
- netsh reset c:\resetlog.txt
- netsh Winsock reset.
- Restart your PC and check if the problem has been resolved or not. If the problem still persists, then go to the next step.
- Restart Belkin router: To solve the DNS problem, you can try restarting networking devices like Belkin router. This will clear all the settings of your router and cache. When you restart it, everything will get automatically restored. Turn off Router and computer for 1 minute. The minimum time should be 1 min so that the electric charge gets fully drained. Now, restart devices and check if the problem has been fixed or not.
- Use Global DNS: Change the ISP provided DNS address to the Global address on your Belkin router. This may solve the problem instantly. To get the Global DNS address, you can contact either private or non-profit companies. To change the DNS server address to Global DNS, there are some steps which need to be implemented in the same order.
- Press windows+R key together to open Run window. Tap to display the network connections.
- Go to ‘Properties’ from ‘Local Area Connection’. If a wireless connection is used, click ‘Open Network connection’.
- Select IPV4 as an internet protocol version and open its ‘Properties’.
- Once you have configured the version and type, it’s the time to enter the DNS server address.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in place of existing DNS and if this doesn’t work, then enter 126.96.36.199. Enter 188.8.131.52 in Google DNS field.
By using alternate DNS in router’s settings, you can fix almost all problems encountering on the web browser.
We have been delivering the best support for Belkin routers. If you are using a router of this particular brand and want to know how to set it up, then go through our Belkin wireless Router setup and Belkin Setup n600 related information. You will find all the details regarding the setup of Belkin router, or you can also visit the Belkin’s Official Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/