Port forwarding results in making changes to your firewall settings. This option allows you to access several FTP servers and applications on your gaming device. The use of port forwarding will allow Belkin router users to enjoy gaming with a group of people. This will prevent any hindrance to occur while you are accessing the game or webpage or even an application.
Before we begin, you need to ensure the following settings:
- First of all, you should be aware of your Belkin Router IP address. In case you are not aware then, we have mentioned the default IP address in our previous post. However, it will not be applicable if you have made changes to your IP address.
- You must know which type of port your device has, whether it is a TCP or UDP type. Similarly, you should be aware of the port number that is to be filled in the port forwarding field.
- Finally, you must have a secure and stable internet connection. We suggest you go for a wired connection with the help of an Ethernet cable.
Here are some examples of port numbers with different port types:
The code will be different for the type of connection used by you. In case, you are not able to find the codes specified in the section below then, you can have a look at the user- manual of your device or you can contact the service provider to ask the port number.
- UDP port no. ‘3074’
- TCP port no. ‘3074’
- UDP port no. ‘88’
- TCP port no. ‘80’
- UDP port no. ‘53’
- TCP port no. ‘53’
Now, that you have the necessary things. Let’s proceed with the steps.
- Go to an up-to-date web browser. After that, in the search bar type ‘192. 168.2.1’, click ‘Enter’. The URL specified is the default IP address of the Belkin router.
- If the web page is not accessible then, try going to the Belkin router setup. Then, click on ‘Login’. It will ask you to enter your username and password.
- To confirm the username and password, click on ‘Submit’.
- After a successful login, you will have to move to Firewall settings.
- After this, locate the option ‘Virtual Servers’. Click on it and then you will need to ‘Enable’ the server.
- Now, you need to type the port number in the allotted field.
- Type 80 for inbound TCP port for Xbox1 followed by submitting private IP addresses in private port details fields.
- Type 88 for inbound UDP port for Xbox2 followed by submitting private IP addresses in private port details fields.
- Type 3074 for inbound TCP and UDP ports for Xbox3 followed by submitting private IP addresses in private port details fields.
- Type 53 for inbound UDP and TCP ports for Xbox4 followed by submitting private IP addresses in private port details fields.
- In the end, save the changes by clicking on the option ‘Apply Changes’.
These settings will enable port forwarding on a single IP address. If you need assistance with the same, you can get in touch with the Belkin router experts.