Belkin Routers are fast and reliable networking devices, which are used to connect multiple computer devices together. With the growing need of internet, the role of routers has also become important, which is the reason that dependable router manufacturing companies like Belkin have stepped up to fulfill the ever-growing demand of smart routing devices.
Belkin routers are equipped with cutting-edge technology, which allows them to deliver seamless internet over secured networks. Belkin has rolled out a wide range of models in recent times to meet the requirements of users. Each model has a unique set of specifications and features. Opting for a Belkin router will help you get rid of your network related issues, and you will be able to access fast and uninterrupted internet for as long as you want.
Top Belkin Routers
- AC 1750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC1900 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC1600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- G54/N150 Wi-Fi Router
- N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router
- AC 750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- Belkin AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- N300 Wi-Fi N Router
- N750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Gigabit Router
- N300 Wi-Fi N Router
- AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1800 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- N450 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Router
In order to access the internet wirelessly with the help of Belkin router, the first thing that needs to be done is set up the Belkin router. It is only after the proper set up of the router that you will be able to access the internet through it flawlessly.
Belkin Router Setup
Power Cycle Your Modem And Router
- Belkin Router Setup process begins with unplugging the modem and router from the wall power outlets.
- Insert Ethernet cable into the modem’s Ethernet port, which you can find at the back of the modem. The other end of the Ethernet cable will be connected into the WAN or Internet Port of the router.
- Once the Ethernet cable is connected to both devices, you need to turn on the modem. Let all the necessary LEDs glow on the modem, and when they do, turn on the router. It doesn’t matter as to which Belkin router model you have, it could be Belkin N300, N600 or any other model, the process remains the same. Belkin N600 setup process is exactly the same as what is discussed below.
Configuring Belkin Router: Detailed Process
- Once you’ve connected Belkin Router with the modem, you will have to connect your PC with the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your PC and launch your web browser. In the browser, you need to enter the default IP address in the address bar. The default IP address is ‘192.168.2.1’.
- Click the ‘Login’ button followed by entering login details. Leave the password column blank. Click the ‘Submit’ button now.
- Find the option labeled as ‘Internet WAN’. Once found, click on the option followed by clicking on ‘Connection Type’.
- Select the appropriate ‘Connection Type’ followed by clicking ‘Next’. If you have no idea as to which the right ‘Connection Type’ is, then contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Enter the details provided to you by your ISP followed by clicking ‘Apply Changes’.
- With that, the process related to Belkin Router setup concludes and you will now be able to connect to the internet wirelessly.
- If you want to connect Belkin N300 or N600 WiFi Extender with Belkin router, then you can easily do it, as all routers are capable of supporting Wi-Fi Extenders.
After Belkin router setup, you can easily access the internet on the devices with Wi-Fi capabilities. Belkin routers are electronic gadgets, which means, these are susceptible to technical glitches. Let’s get into the details of the most common issues befalling Belkin routers:
- Unable to perform Belkin wireless router setup and installation.
- Can’t configure Belkin routers wired as well as wirelessly.
- Internet can be accessed through the Belkin router, but the speed is very slow.
- Unable to reconfigure settings in the Belkin wireless router.
- Can’t update the firmware of Belkin router.
- Belkin Router not detected by the computer
- Unable to connect the Belkin router with Belkin N600 Wi-Fi Extender.
- Belkin Router stopped working after the power outage.
- Configured Belkin router with Belkin N300 Wi-Fi Extender, yet not able to access the internet.
- Can’t update or retrieve the Belkin router password.
- Can’t set up wireless security on Belkin routers.
- Unable to fix broken DNS relay function of the Belkin router.
- Can’t setup Firewall connection properly.
- Internet not working despite proper Belkin N600 setup.
- Internet not working due to the clash of IP addresses in Belkin router.
- Unable to reset the Belkin Router.
- Unable to connect multiple devices to the Belkin router network.
- When connecting devices with Belkin router via Ethernet cable, internet works properly, but problems are coming when connecting the devices wirelessly (over Wi-Fi network).
- Adjacent channel interference in the Belkin router.
- The network has gone corrupt due to the inclusion of malware and/or spyware.
- Belkin wireless router down due to orange light error.
If your Belkin router stops working due to any of the aforementioned issues, then you can get in touch with Belkin router help and support facility to find out the root cause of the problem along with the appropriate solution. Belkin routers are deemed as highly dependable networking devices; however, nothing can be taken for granted in electronic units. If you encounter any issue in your Belkin router, whether related to the Belkin wireless router setup, configuration or during operation, then you should call experts right away and get the best solution to that issue.